Jaquet Droz Watch Manufacture Awards Prize For Design
" ~6 Y* N7 I% e. [3 P, R# l, w5 f9 |3 C% y6 {: W
* N6 H; x% w' ?5 {9 v  Y
Aug 14, 2009 no comments 2 J0 q  d$ h6 N$ q# S  N1 W3 f/ _6 D
5 J& h  x0 V6 _- H

! ]" [# T/ O! I& o( Y# E
# z; J7 {/ u( D6 H6 L
By Adam Keith, Associate Timepiece Editor for ViaLuxe-+ u& J0 u7 p3 _
Luxury Swiss watchmaker Jaquet Droz, in partnership with the New York-based Parsons The New School for Design chose Bengt Brummer from a talented field of competing students and awarded him the Jaquet Droz Prize for Design, along with a check for $5,000.  Brummer is a student of product design, and impressed the varied members of the jury with his creations, which included a flameless cooking device with disaster relief scenarios in mind.
  n# Z3 f7 R- ]0 B3 PThe judging panel featured a number of distinguished experts in the arts and design fields, including well-known product designer Dror Benshetrit, David McFadden, Chief Curator of the Museum of Arts and Design, Michael Klug, President of Whitewall Magazine, and two associate professors of Parsons the New School for Design.  Also participating in the jury process was Manuel Emch, the president and Creative Director of Jaquet Droz, who found himself particularly struck by the inventiveness and potential evident in Bengt Brummer's work. # P$ S% a7 \0 [& J$ i
"Jaquet Droz Prize for Design enables us to give back to the design community by supporting an up and coming designer. This award honors a student who has shown creative execution, technical mastery and an appreciation for craftsmanship," elaborated Mr. Emch, after the panel had decided upon the winner.
! M/ _6 n* o* {1 ]"I am impressed with Mr. Brummer's work," Emch continued, "and believe he possesses the talent and vision to reshape the future of design, just as Jaquet Droz is redefining the landscape of fine timepieces."
2 x5 p2 b% j' [- ]' j4 ?! TMore about Jaquet Droz:
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

爱表族论坛 ( 京ICP证100334号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-4 09:25 , Processed in 0.044575 second(s), 14 queries , Gzip On.